- Magic is a world resource that is ambient (some places naturally have more, some less), and those that are trained can sense it, “see it,” and draw on it, but once it is all used up in the surroundings it takes time to “regrow”
- Magical power can be stored in objects, so those that know how can use “stored” magic even when there is no ambient magic if they have an item that has magical power stored in it.
- Magic-users can craft or imbue items with a specific spell or enchantment (enchanted items)
- There’s also religious magic that is “given” to those that the gods favor but usually can only be used to do specific things, like if a fire god blesses his priest with the ability to summon fire or something but nothin else
- In general in Sirasea and Drael, magical items are really unusual and remarkable. anything magical would be worth a LOT of money, since it is probably an artifact from the Tiran desert, or somehow obtained from the jungle/ Vallinde/far-off places…. so only powerful/rich people/scholars/priests would have powerful magic or magical items usually, but there are always ways to get your hands on things if you have the right connections or questionable morals……
- Maybe Vallinde and the jungle have plentiful natural magic resources, and Sirasea and Drael don’t? Maybe Siraseans and Draelians get their magic from deities. Maybe there used to be more in Sirasea when the Tirans lived there.
- Elves have strong magical affinity to world magic and there are many elven mages
- World magic mages they can’t practice in Drael or Sirasea unless they bring a power source because there is no naturally occuring magic there